Get up to $5000 back with
The Canada Greener Homes Grant!
Now is the best time to upgrade to New, Energy Efficient Windows and Doors
New windows and doors do more than give your home a face-lift. Modern window and door designs deliver superior energy efficiency which in turn saves you money and creates a more comfortable living space. Making the decision to upgrade your home’s windows and doors can be a significant financial investment. The Canada Greener Homes Grant was developed to make it more accessible and affordable for you to choose energy efficient upgrades, such as new windows and doors, for your home.
How To Qualify for the Greener Homes Grant?
The Canada Greener Homes Grant is accessible to all eligible homeowners in Canada. There are, however, specific eligibility criteria that must be met to receive funding for your home’s upgrades.
Proof of Ownership
- You need to provide proof of ownership with your property tax number.
- The home you are performing upgrades on also must be your primary residence.
- New homes are not eligible for the grant program.
Complete a Pre- and Post-Retrofit EnerGuide Evaluation
- You must register for a pre-retrofit evaluation through the Government of Canada website. This evaluation is important to determine recommended upgrades for your home based on its current energy efficiency rating. You are then required to complete at least one of the recommended improvements to remain eligible for reimbursement.
- Once the work is completed, you will need to book the post-retrofit inspection which will determine how much your home’s energy efficiency improved with the upgrades that were performed.
Maintain Records of Project
- You must keep copies of all documents – including your energy reports and receipts – until March 31, 2028.
Important Details About the Program
You must complete the entire grant process to receive reimbursement, so it is important that you follow the eligibility criteria listed above carefully.
For window and door replacement there are additional requirements that must be met, as well:
- All products must be purchased in Canada.
- Equipment must be selected from the pre-approved list of windows and doors.
- ENERGY STAR labels must remain on windows and doors until the process is complete.
- Must replace full window unit, not just glass.
The Greener Homes Grant allows for Canadians to receive up to $5600 in reimbursement for eligible retrofits. The EnerGuide evaluations make up $600 of that total, with the remaining funds allocated to the actual implementation of upgrades. When replacing windows and doors, homeowners can receive up to $250 per rough opening up to cap of $5000. The final reimbursement amount will depend on the type of replacement windows or doors that are chosen.