Window Locking Systems
Window Mart windows are equipped with high-quality and high-performance locking systems. We always use only the best manufactures of window elements when building our windows. That’s why combination of the best performing locking system elements makes our windows one of the best on the market today.
Our windows possess superior locking and sealing properties, providing improved security and seal against all weather conditions. When buying windows from Window Mart you can be assured that you’re getting the most secure, energy-efficient and durable windows on the Canadian market.
The hinge system comes with adjustable friction screws. It gives an opportunity to customize the effort that is required to open and close awning and casement windows. When opening a window, hinges balance a sash, providing a smooth and effortless operation. A delrin shoe is equipped with stainless steel reinforcement that provides continuous, fluid action with a very solid support.
Window Mart always matches the size of the hinge to the height and weight of the sash. Each size hinge is designed to balance a particular size and weight sash. We properly select hinges for every awning and casement window we build. Doing so prevents problems such as “window chatter”.
Additional available options include:
- corrosion-resistant non-magnetic stainless steel package
- adjustable stud
Encore Operators provide ease of operation and maximum strength. Encore operators are very durable with unmatched elegance, strength and performance characteristics.
It comes with the flexibility of a snap-fit cover and streamlined full-flip folding handle that eliminates collapse during operation. Encore operators are made with a time-proven design that makes them stand out in beauty while enhancing overall appearance of awning and casement windows.
- High-pressure die-cast zinc operator housing, crank handle and knob
- Hardened steel drive worm and gear
- High-quality plastic operator cover
Operator’s hardware has excellent corrosion resistance because of a multistage coating process that produces a superior physical and aesthetic finish. Additionally, it is resistant to a wider range of corrosive materials, including industrial cleaning materials and environmental pollutants. Tests show that this proprietary process is approximately three times better than common zinc plated finishes.
Operator’s hardware is finished with durable coatings that was electrostatically applied. In combination with high quality molded plastic cover our awning and casement windows operator provides excellent resistance to chipping, scratching and corrosion while maintaining color stability for years in direct sunlight.
Encore Operator Handle & Cover
Window Mart’s awning and casement windows come with high-quality and contemporary designed handles and covers. In combination with Encore operators it makes our windows elegant yet high-performance windows.
The design of the Full-Flip Handle helps maintaining its “open” position without retracting in on itself during operation. The Full-Flip Handle provides smooth operation. It gets even more contemporary look when nested and the removal of a screen is easy without the need of removing the crank.
The Snap-Fit covers can be easily removed when painting or staining a window frame. Its design provides elegant and contemporary look for your windows. All our covers come with an integrated snap feature that allows fastenerless cover attachment and installation. This great feature helps to hide construction damage.
Roto Multi-Point Lock
Window Mart’s awning and casement windows are equipped with the advanced Roto mechanical multi-point locking system. It provides superior locking ability and tight seal for increased security and improved insulation.
Roto multi-point locking system is designed to make awning and casement windows tight for all weather conditions.
- Multi-point Handles are offered in several configurations to meet most application requirements
- Available in powder-coated and architectural-plated finishes for greater design flexibility
- 3 multi-point and 3 single point options
- Provides auto click when the unit is locked
- Patented “over design” travels 180 degrees and will not allow the lock to be opened from the outside, reducing forced entry
- Multi-point connects directly to lock bar pin
- Single point locks directly against keeper
- All zinc die-cast construction
- Powder Coated stainless steel lockbars can be used in most applications. Offered in a variety of lock-point configurations
- Locating tabs to provide fast assembly and precise positioning for easy installation
- Stainless steel bars have passed hurricane impact testing (Dade County) with various profiles
- Adjustable lock pins offer ability to control compression levels after installation
- Symmetrical, non-handed bar
- Patented adjustable (2.2 mm) mushroom head lock pins prevent lock from disengaging from nylon strikers
- Stamped out of rolled wire for superior strength
- Guides are pre-assembled to the lock bar
Roto Corner Drive Multi-Point Lock
Window Mart’s casement windows are equipped with the advanced Roto Corner Drive multi-point locking system. It provides superior locking ability and tight seal for increased security and improved insulation.
Roto Corner Drive multi-point locking system is designed to make casement windows tight all around and make it ready for all weather conditions.
The Roto Corner Drive enhances window security and performance by:
- Connecting additional lock bars to add additional lock points along top and hinge side of window
- Providing an integrated lock point for consistent locking at the top corner of the window, regardless of window height. This is typically the weakest area in structural and air infiltration tests. Now you will get consistent and solid corner performance
- Provides integrated lock point positioned 3” from frame corner for superior air/structural performance